If you are looking for a proper expedition, meaning traditional style trek, in a non-commercial fashion, then Manaslu Circuit Trek is perfect for you. The trek route of Manaslu offers great all-round expedition which includes rustiest and unexplored places of the Himalayas. So, an adventurer like you is in for a treat.
Manaslu Circuit is shaped-up around Tibetan culture, mainly in the upper part of the region. And in the lower region, you will find Gurung and Magar villages. Whilst you are there, be ready to observe jaw-dropping panoramic view of mountain ranges such as Himchuli Himal, Siringi Himal, Ganesh Himal, Larke Peak, and of course, Manaslu Himal.
The main highlight of the trek is Larke La (the top pass of Manaslu), Manaslu Base Camp, and Pungen Glacier. So, you don’t want to miss them, do you? On your way, if you are lucky, you will be encountering snow leopard. Besides, blue sheep and red fox are your common passersby in a snow-paved route.
Due to heavy cultural influence, the region is a home for renowned festivals like Loshar and Ghode Jatra as well. You can witness the popular Samdo dance while on rest after a daylong trek.
Drive from Kathmandu - Arughat (600 m) 7-8 hrs drive.
Arughat (600 m) - Lapubeshi (970 m) 8-9 hrs trek.
Lapubeshi (970 m) - Tatopani (990 m) 6-7 hrs trek.
Tatopani (990 m) - Jagat (1350 m) 6-7 hrs trek.
Jagat (1350 m) - Ekle Bhatti (1610 m) 6-7 hrs trek.
Ekle Bhatti (1610 m) - Bihi Phedi (2000 m) 6-7 hrs trek.
DBihi Phedi (2000 m) - Namrung (2650 m) 6-7 hours trek.
Namrung (2650 m) - Lho (3180 m) 4-5 hrs trek.
Lho (3180 m) - Sama Gaon (3530 m) 8-9 hrs trek.
Acclimatization - rest day in Sama Gaon (trip to MBC, Birendra Lake) 4-5 hrs trek.
Sama Gaon (3530 m) - Samdo (3700 m) 8-10 hrs trek.
Acclimatization - rest day in Samdo (side trip to Tibetan border) 5-6 hrs trek.
Samdo (3700 m) - Dharmashala (4450 m) 4-5 hrs trek.
Dharmashala (4450 m) - Larke Pass (5160 m) - Bhimtang (3700 m) 8-9 hrs trek.
Bhimtang (3700 m) - Dharapani (1963 m) 5-6 hrs trek.
Dharapani (1963 m) - Beshisahar 5-6 hrs jeep drive.
Beshisahar - Kathmandu 8-9 hrs drive.
- Airport transfer with an escort in a private vehicle.
- 3 nights’ accommodation or similar in Kathmandu with breakfast in twin accommodation.
- 13 nights’ accommodation at Mountain lodge or tent in a sharing basis during trek.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu by English speaking local guide.
- Welcome Dinner or breakfast at The Temple Resturant & bar with orientation and briefing of the trip.
- Farewell Dinner at authentic restaurant in Thamel Kathmandu.
- Full board meal during trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, tea & coffee, seasonal fruits, chocolate/s & biscuits).
- English speaking, First Aid and Eco-trained local trekking guide, Assistance guide as per the group size, porters (2:1).
- All the expenses for guide and porters along with Insurance.
- Manaslu Conservation Area Project (MCAP) fee.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) fee.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Card fee.
- Public Bus transfer for Kathmandu/Arughat.
- Public Bus transfer for Besisahar/Kathmandu.
- Exclusive medical kit bag, Duffle Bag, Trekking T-shirt, Trekking Maps, Adventure Certificate.
- Sleeping Bag and Down Jacket during Trek.
- All government and local taxes as applicable.
- Nepalese visa fee
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)