Called as the Land of High Passes, Ladakh is located in the familiar surroundings of Tibetan culture. This heavenly place is situated at an altitude of 3,000 m. in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh nudges close to one of the most oldest and famous civilization area of Indus Valley. You will also be at a touching distance of Himalayan and Kunlun mountain ranges.
In recent times, Ladakh has seen a lot of tourists explore the land. Although the region is on the verge of becoming a tourist zone, it is still far away from being commercially equipped. You will be strolling through traditional mud-built home and barley fields. Ladakhis, or people of Ladakh, are known to be self-sufficient. So while you are there, you will be roofing under conventional houses and eating vegetables, barleys, and homemade dairy products for dinners.
Motorbike riders’ objective in touring this place is to cross highest passes of this region; Khardung La and Taglang La – both of which are one of world’s highest passes. You could get affected by altitude sickness, be mindful, and also, the road to these highlands is long as well as snowy, so you ought to be very careful as well. Best time to tour Ladakh is in the months of June, July, and August.
Brief Tour Info:
- Total Kilometers (km) you need to cover- 1620.
- Total ride hours in a day- 4 to 8.
- Difficulty Level- Intermediate.
Since you are there:
- Pack your tents and camping gears; you do not want to miss the majestic view of the Pangong Tso Lake. The night view will take you to a different dimension!
- Visit the Nubra Valley at Diskit and Thikse Monastries- witness the largest Maitreya (future Buddha) statues in all of Ladakh with the height of 33- metres!
Manali - Jispa (135km).
Jispa - Pang (161km).
Pang - Leh (185km).
Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley (116km).
Nubra Valley - Panamik - Leh (190 km).
Leh - Pangong Lake (120km).
Pangong Lake - Leh (120km).
Leh - Sarchu (258km).
Sarchu - Manali (222km).
Manali - Departure
- Accommodations' charges in Himachal and Ladakh,
- Foods of three courses, (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Riders will be facilitated with 350 cc and 550 cc Royal Enfield motorbikes,
- Leader and guide to manage the trip,
- Riders will also get bungee rope and luggage strap for tying it,
- Backup vehicles and servicing team throughout the trip,
- Helmets, first aid kit, and oxygen cylinders.
- Alcohol charges and other beverages' charges will not be covered by tour operators,
- Petrol expenses will not paid by tour operators as riders will have to pay the amount of fuel used at petrol stations,
- Tour operators will pay for back-up fuel throughout the tour, (Note: You will have to be responsible and careful regarding fuel matters.)
- The package excludes costs of gloves, jackets, boots, straps, and all the other necessary gears,
- Personal transportation fares will not include in the package (during stays in Manali).