Doing what you love the most, at 12,500 feet above sea level, is something unique. Riding your beloved bike, navigating underneath bluish skies, and marching on a snow-filled mountain side highway towards desert/stone valley of Spiti are unforgettable experiences. Your dream will be just away before completing a long round trip of Himanchal-Tibet and Manali-Kaza highways.
En route to Spiti Valley is tough, although your excursion through Kinnaur and Shimla will get to your destination after covering 412 kilometers of long ride. This long bounding trip will commence from Manali before gliding through Kaza, Samda, Rohtang La, and Kunzum La.
The valley is very close to India-Tibet border so you will hover around Tibetan culture for most part. And since you are at a higher altitude, the place is cold; you could get affected by altitude sickness as well, be mindful. Also, be assured that you will need permit from concerned Indian authority before entering Kinnaur. Then, you are all set to go.
Know about places En Route:
Known as the ‘Valley of God’, Banjar is beautiful town located in Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh. Another green and wonderful valley called Tirthan is also there to be explored.
It is small village situated in Himachal Pradesh where you could visit Bhimadevi Temple. The temple is one of 51 Shakti Peethas which appears at the gateway towards Kinnaur.
A village in Kinnaur district, Himachal Pradesh is situated near the India and China border. It is the last road point of India. Chitkul is renowned for producing best potatoes in the world, which are very expensive.
A small town in Sutlej River Valley, Kalpa is famous for its apple orchards cultivated by Kinnarui (people of Kinnaur).
It is another small town which is located in the midst of Rekong Peo and Kaza in Lahaul at the banks Spiti River, Himachal.
Kaza town at Lahaul, Spiti Valley is located at an altitude of 3,650 meters near to Tibetan border. Being nearer to the border, Kaza is inspired a lot by Buddhism culture. Even climatic and geographical conditions of both places are quite similar. One of the main highlights of Kaza is its main town which is semi-commercial.
Known as the ”Lake of the Moon”, Chandra Taal is simply marvelous. The view from around this 4,300 meters high lake is also beautiful as mountains ranges can be seen from nearer angle. The place Chandra Taal also falls in the region of Lahaul, Spiti Valley.
Brief Tour Info:
- Total kilometers (KM) you need to cover – 1100.
- Total ride hours in a day – 6 to 10.
- Difficulty level – challenging.
Since you are there:
- Do not forget to take your camping gears because you will love to camp near the lake of Chandratal Lake. It will be an amazing experience for a night.
- Pay a visit famous monasteries in the world – Tabo Monastery and Ki Monastry.
- Stroll around highest villages on Asia – Kibber and Comic.
Manali - Banjar (92 km).
Banjar - Sarahan (140 km).
Sarahan - Chitkul (107 km).
Chitkul - Kalpa (62 km).
Kalpa - Nako - Tabo (150 km).
Tabo - Kaza (50 km).
Kaza - Kibber - Komic - Kaza (100 km ).
Kaza - Chandratal Lake (52 km).
Chandratal Lake - Manali (135 km).
Manali: end of the tour.
- Accommodations' charges in Himachal and Ladakh,
- Foods of three courses, (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Riders will be facilitated with 350 cc and 550 cc Royal Enfield motorbikes,
- Leader and guide to manage the trip,
- Riders will also get bungee rope and luggage strap for tying it,
- Backup vehicles and servicing team throughout the trip,
- Helmets, first aid kit, and oxygen cylinders.
- Alcohol charges and other beverages' charges will not be covered by tour operators,
- Petrol expenses will not paid by tour operators as riders will have to pay the amount of fuel used at petrol stations,
- Tour operators will pay for back-up fuel throughout the tour, (Note: You will have to be responsible and careful regarding fuel matters.)
- The package excludes costs of gloves, jackets, boots, straps, and all the other necessary gears,
- Personal transportation fares will not include in the package (during stays in Manali).